Swansea vs Crystal Palace Betting Tips
26th November 2016 3pm
“Morning shows the day”-you won’t find too many Swansea fans believing in that adage. In spite of kicking off their campaign with a victory against Burnley, Swansea now bottoms the league table. Swansea haven’t won any of the 11 games that followed and their pursuit of a second win will continue when they take on fellow strugglers Crystal Palace at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday. Bob Bradley, the first American manager to take charge of a Premier League side, had a nightmare start to his first ever Premier League campaign. Recurring defeats, rumors regarding players like Fernando Llorente and Mo Barrow to leave the club in January –Swansea is in absolute shambles at the moment. But there were signs of obvious optimism in Swansea’s last week trip to Goodison Park. A late Seamus Coleman equalizer denied Swansea a much deserved win but should they replicate a similar performance against the Eagles, they can expect to take away full points.
Alan Perdew’s Crystal Palace have lost all of their last five league matches and another disappointing result could mark the end of Perdew’s reign at Selhurst Park. As the team is currently ranked 16th on the league table, it is widely speculated that Palace officials are drawing up a contingency plan and have lined up possible replacements. Amidst the mounting pressure, Perdew needs to find a way to inspire his team and return to winning ways. Palace did put up a good fight against title contenders Manchester City in their last game but a brace from Yaya Toure revoked their effort.
Perdew could name Connor Wickham as a starter as the forward came off the bench to score against City. Midfielder Joe Ledley will face a late fitness test prior to the game while Loic Remy and Steve Mandanda are ruled out for injury. Bradley could choose the same side he fielded against Everton if skipper Leon Britton fails to recover from a calf injury before the game.
- Swansea(20th in the league, last five matches in all competitions)
1-1(Away, Everton) 1-3(Home, United) 1-3(Away, Stoke) 0-0(Home, Watford) 2-3(Away, Arsenal)
- Crystal Palace(16th in the league, last five matches in all competitions)
1-2(Home, Manchester City)2-3(Away, Burnley)2-4(Home, Liverpool) 1-3(Away, Leicester) 0-1(Home, West Ham)
HEAD TO HEAD
|Total Played||Swansea wins||Palace wins||Draws|
06 February, 2016 Liberty Stadium Premier League Swansea 1- Crystal Palace 1
- Swansea’s last 20 home games against teams positioned above them in the league-4 wins, 7 draws, 9 defeats
- Crystal Palace’s last 20 away games against teams positioned below them in the league-11 wins, 5 draws, 4 defeats
- Crystal Palace have just scored only four goals in their last 10 league encounters with Swansea.
- Crystal Palace have averaged 0.71 points per game in 2016. Lower than any other other team playing in the Football league or the Premier League.
- Swansea didn’t win any matches after Bob Bradley was appointed as the manager.
- Christian Benteke’s last three visits to the Liberty Stadium-2 goals, 1 assist