Everton vs Arsenal Betting Tips
Arsenal travel to Goodison Park this evening with the prospect of leapfrogging their West London rivals Chelsea and claim the top spot of the table. The Gunners will surmount the standings, momentarily at least, should they manage to carry on their current unbeaten run against Everton. Arsenal have won all of their last four matches in the league and have scored 14 goals on the process. Arsenal have also been brilliant on their trips away from home as they picked up 17 points from 7 away games(5 wins, 2 draws) and have also ruthlessly outscored their opponents(18-5).
Everton have hit a rough patch after an impressive start to the season. They raced to 13 points in their first 5 matches but managed to bag only 7 more in their next 10 contests. Everton dropped to nine when they lost 3-2 to Watford last weekend despite a Romelu Lukaku brace. The Belgian put his five match goal drought to bed by firing his side ahead at Vicarage Road but goals from Stafano Okaka and Sebastian Prodial turned the tables around; the former scored his second one in the second half to deny the visitors an escape route. Lukaku’s 86th minute strike made the hosts sweat to death but in the end, it was another frustrating defeat for the Toffees.
Arsenal will be without Shkodran Mustafi, who sustained a hamstring injury on Saturday’s home match against Stoke. It is feared that the German will be ruled out for a minimum of three weeks.
Everton have no injury or suspension updates.
Arsenal have beaten Everton 12 times in their last 19 meetings and also pulled a double over the Toffees last season. Given their recent forms, we will back a win for Arsenal.
- Everton(9th in the league, last 5 matches in all competitions)
2-3(Away, Watford)1-1(Home, Manchester United)0-1(Away, Southampton)1-1(Home, Everton)0-5(Away, Chelsea)
- Arsenal(2nd in the league, last 5 matches in all competitions)
3-1(Home, Stoke)4-1(UCL, Away, Basel)5-1(Away, West Ham)0-2(League Cup, Home, Southampton)3-1(Home, Bournemouth)
HEAD TO HEAD
|Total Played||Everton wins||Arsenal wins||Draws|
19 March, 2016
Arsenal 2- Everton 0
- Arsenal last 20 away games against teams below them-9 wins, 8 draws, 3 losses
- Everton last 20 home games against teams above them-5 wins, 7 draws, 8 losses
- Everton’s only win in their last 18 league games against Arsenal was their 3-0 victory in April 2014 (D6 L11).
- Arsenal have won more Premier League games against Everton (29) than they have against any other side.
- In fact, Everton have lost 93 times to Arsenal in the league, the most defeats by one club to another in English league history.
- A win for the Gunners at Goodison Park would make it their 12th in the Premier League there – only at Villa Park (12) have they obtained as many away wins at a single ground.
- Everton have conceded exactly two goals in each of their last four league games against Arsenal.
- Olivier Giroud has scored five goals in his last six games against Everton in all competitions.
- The Gunners haven’t lost on a Tuesday in the Premier League since February 2006 v Liverpool (W10 D7).
- Romelu Lukaku has scored (9) or assisted (3) 12 of Everton’s last 15 Premier League goals.
- Alexis Sanchez has had a hand in more Premier League goals(16=11 goals+5 assists)this season than anyone else.