Manchester United vs Liverpool Betting Tips
Manchester United is set to renew their rivalry with arch-rivals Liverpool in a highly anticipated Sunday afternoon clash. The Red Devils enter the fray in stunning form, having won nine games in a row in all competitions. Yet the Sunday hosts find themselves five points worse off than their Merseyside counterparts and are currently positioned sixth in the league table.
Liverpool have hit a rut recently and are currently winless in their last three games in all competitions. Jorgen Klopp’s men were held at Sunderland in the previous Premier League game-week before they played out a goalless draw against Plymouth Argyle at home in a FA Cup third round clash. Liverpool’s poor run of form continued when they handed out a 1-0 advantage to Southampton in the first leg of EFL Cup semi-final tie on Wednesday night.
- Manchester United
Zlatan Ibrahimovic missed United’s Tuesday night EFL Cup semi-final match against Hull with an illness. But Jose Mourinho is convinced that his preferred number 9 will be back in contention for the Liverpool game. That means Marcos Rojo is Mourinho’s only fitness concern as the Argentine recovers from a muscle injury.
Doubts: Zlatan Ibrahimovic(illness), Marcos Rojo(muscle)
Unavailable: Eric Bailly(international duty)
James Milner and Phillipe Coutinho are set for a start after making cameo appearances against Southampton on Wednesday. Simon Mignolet will replace Loris Karius on goal. Jordan Henderson and Joel Matip are still doubtful.
Doubts: Joel Matip(ankle), Jordan Henderson(heel)
Injuries: Danny Ings(knee), Cameron Brannagan(ankle), Marko Grujic(muscle)
Unavailable: Sadio Mane(international duty)
Manchester United are in their best form of the season. In spite of being sixth in the standings, they have narrowed down the gap with the top four and have proved themselves worthy of a title challenge. But Liverpool have been excellent against the title contenders and are still unbeaten against the top six clubs. They have beat Arsenal away from home and also saw off Chelsea and Manchester City at Anfield. We are expecting a draw at Old Trafford.
- Manchester United(6th in the league, last 5 games in all competitions)
2-0(EFL Cup, Home, Hull)4-0(FA Cup, Home, Reading)2-0(Away, West Ham)2-1(Home, Middlesbrough)3-1(Home, Sunderland)
- Liverpool(2nd in the league, last 5 matches in all competitions)
0-1(EFL Cup, Away, Southampton)0-0(FA Cup, Home, Plymouth)2-2(Away, Sunderland)1-0(Home, Manchester City)4-1(Home, Stoke)
HEAD TO HEAD
|Total Played||United wins||Liverpool wins||Draws|
17 October, 2016
Manchester United 0- Liverpool 0
- Manchester United last 20 home games against teams above them-4 wins, 7 draws, 9 losses, 0.8 goals scored/match,1.3 goals conceded/match
- Liverpool last 20 away games against teams below them-12 wins, 4 draws, 4 losses, 2.1 goals scored/match, 1.6 goals conceded/match
- This will be the 50th Premier League meeting between Manchester United and Liverpool – United have won 27 of the previous 49 (D9 L13).
- Liverpool have lost 11 of their last 14 visits to Old Trafford in the Premier League, winning the other three.
- Liverpool have lost more Premier League matches (27) and also the most overall league matches (67) against Manchester United than versus any other opponent.
- This clash has seen 16 red cards shown in the Premier League – only Everton v Liverpool (21) has produced more dismissals.
- Only Steven Gerrard (8) has scored more goals in this Premier League fixture than Wayne Rooney (6 – level with Robbie Fowler).
- This could be Wayne Rooney’s 450th Premier League game, becoming the 21st player in Premier League history to reach this landmark.
- Manchester United had just 35% possession vs Liverpool at Anfield in October, their lowest total in a Premier League match since Opta began recording this data in 2003-04.
- Jurgen Klopp has lost just one of his six meetings with Jose Mourinho (W3 D2 L1), with that defeat coming in 2013 via a 2-0 away loss for Dortmund v Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-final second leg.
- Juan Mata has had a hand in five goals in his last four appearances against Liverpool in the Premier League, scoring three and assisting two.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has 13 goals in his first 19 Premier League appearances for Manchester United – the same record as Dwight Yorke and Robin van Persie. The only player to score more in their first 19 PL apps for the Red Devils was Ruud van Nistelrooy (15).
- Adam Lallana has been involved in 14 Premier League goals this season (seven goals, seven assists); more than any other English player.
- Liverpool will be missing Sadio Mané for this game due to his involvement in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations. The Senegal forward has been involved in 13 Premier League goals this season for the Reds (nine goals, four assists).