Crystal Palace vs Manchester United Betting Tips
Manchester United will face Alan Perdew’s Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park as Premier League’s midweek actions continue. Both teams have enjoyed recent success after a series of disappointing results and are hopeful of launching a successful run of fixtures based on these inspirational outcomes. Manchester United savored their first home league victory in two months when they saw off a formidable Tottenham side on Sunday. Henrikh Mkhitaryan fired home the match deciding goal in the 29th minute. The Armenian scored 2 goals in as many games for the Red Devils and played a vital role in handing Jose Mourinho his first big win as United manager.
Alike his United counterpart, Alan Perdew has also been breathing a bit easily these days thanks to a two match unbeaten run. After suffering a losing streak of six games , avoiding defeat in two consecutive games does look like a remarkable accomplishment. Still Perdew might feel that his side deserved two more points when they drew 3-3 against Hull at the KCOM stadium in their weekend league match. The Eagles blew off a 2-1 lead to settle for a 3-3 tie as Christian Benteke, Wifried Zaha and Frazier Campbell found the back of the net.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s shining day at Old Trafford ended in a disheartening manner when he was stretchered off the pitch against Tottenham. Mkhitaryan will not be returning before Christmas and Antonio Valencia would also miss out the trip to London because of a suspension. Timothy Fosu Mensa, Ashley Young or Matteo Darmian could be entrusted in the right back. Luke Shaw is still out for the knock he picked up against West Ham in the EFL Cup match whilst Eric Bailey is expected back into the starting lineup. Chris Smalling also remains sidelined with a toe injury.
James Tomkins and Bakary Sako are out with knocks while Jason Puncheon will also be cut off from the starting lineup. The Palace midfielder picked up his fifth yellow of the season on Sunday’s 3-3 thriller at Hull.
Manchester United seemed to have found their rhythm in their past few matches and they should take advantage of Palace’s shoddy defending. We are rooting for a United victory at Selhurst Park.
- Crystal Palace(15th in the league, last 5 matches in all competitions)
3-3(Away, Hull)3-0(Home, Southampton)4-5(Away, Swansea)1-2(Home, Manchester City)2-3(Away, Burnley)
- Manchester United(6th in the league, last 5 matches in all competitions)
1-0(Home, Tottenham)2-0(UEL,Away, Zorya Luhansk)1-1(Away, Everton)4-1(League Cup, Home, West Ham)1-1(Home, West Ham)
HEAD TO HEAD
|Total Played||United wins||Palace wins||Draws|
21 May, 2016
Man United 2-Crystal Palace 1
- Manchester United last 20 away games against teams below them-9 wins, 5 draws, 6 losses
- Crystal Palace last 20 home games against teams above them-5 wins, 3 draws, 12 losses
- Crystal Palace were winless in their three games against Manchester United last season, drawing at Selhurst Park but losing away at Old Trafford and at Wembley in the FA Cup final after extra-time.
- Manchester United have played Crystal Palace 14 times in the Premier League and have never lost (W11 D3). The only side they have played more without tasting defeat is Charlton (16, W14 D2).
- Crystal Palace have lost 11 times to Manchester United in the Premier League, more than any other side they’ve faced.
- Manchester United’s only defeat in their last 21 games against Crystal Palace in all competitions came in the League Cup quarter-final in 2011/12 (W16 D4).
- The Eagles have failed to score in 11 of their 14 Premier League games against Manchester United. Jason Puncheon is the only current Palace player to score for the club against the Red Devils.
- Christian Benteke has scored five goals in his last five Premier League appearances for Crystal Palace.
- Benteke has also scored in four successive Premier League appearances in the month of December (five goals in total).
- Since the start of 2015-16, Manchester United haven’t won any of their six Premier League away games in London (W0 D2 L4), including a current run of three successive defeats.
- Former Manchester United winger Wilfried Zaha has had a hand in seven goals in his last seven Premier League appearances (two goals, five assists).
- Wayne Rooney has now scored 248 goals for Manchester United in all competitions – just one behind Bobby Charlton’s all-time record of 249 goals.
- Rooney has netted 179 league goals for Manchester United – only Jack Rowley (182) and Bobby Charlton (199) have more for the club.