MANCHESTER CITY vs ARSENAL BETTING TIPS
Manchester City are ready to face title rivals Arsenal at home in a mouth-watering Sunday afternoon clash. Both sides boast impressive attacking options and this could very much be one of the most high-scoring matches of the season. Manchester City have been subject to criticism for their defensive irregularities this season and to repair their defensive defects Guardiola implemented a reformed backline in City’s midweek meeting with Watford, leaving £47million defender John Stones out of the equation. The back four consisting of Zabaleta, Otamendi, Kolarov and Clichy did well to keep a clean sheet against Watford but they will face a much bigger challenge fending off a high-pressing Arsenal attacking line led by Alexis Sanchez.
Arsenal kept pace with leaders Chelsea until their 14 match unbeaten run were put to an end by Everton on Tuesday. Arsene Wenger’s side took the lead through a deflected Alexis Sanchez free kick in the 19th minute. Everton started the games slow but managed to disrupt Arsenal’s rhythm deep in the first half. Ronald Koeman’s side were rewarded for their continuous attempts when an unmarked Seamus Coleman headed home a Leighton Baines cross. Arsenal were punished once again for their poor marking when Ashley Williams scored another free header four minutes from time.
Ikay Gundogan’s collision with Nordin Amrabat might have ruled him out for the rest of the season. The midfielder is feared to have damaged his knee ligament, diminishing Guardiola’s already depleted central midfield options. Fernandinho, who still has two more matches left in his suspension, will be unavailable for Arsenal’s visit. Which means Yaya Toure is the likeliest choice to pair up with Fernando at the core of City’s midfield. Sergio Aguero will be sitting this one out for suspension as well while Vincent Kompani remains absent with a knee problem.
Arsenal duo Shkodran Mustafi and Aaron Ramsey are out with hamstring issues. Lucas Perez and Alex Iwobi will be pushing for a start after Alex Oxlade Chamberlaine and Theo Walcott’s dismal performances against Everton.
We have a hunch that Arsenal will take advantage of City’s fragile defense and bag a boosting away win at Etihad Stadium.
- Arsenal(3rd in the league, last 5 matches in all contests)
1-2(Away, Everton)3-1(Home, Stoke)4-1(UCL, Away, Basel)5-1(Away, West Ham)0-2(EFL Cup, Home, Southampton)
- Manchester City(4th in the league, last 5 matches in all competitions)
2-0(Home, Watford)2-4(Away, Leicester)1-1(UCL, Home, Celtic)1-3(Home, Chelsea)2-1(Away, Burnley)
HEAD TO HEAD
|Total Played||City wins||Arsenal wins||Draws|
8 May, 2016
Arsenal 2-Manchester City 2
- Arsenal last 20 away games against teams below them-8 wins, 8 draws, 4 losses
- Manchester City last 20 home games against teams above them-6 wins, 4 draws, 10 losses
- The last six Premier League meetings between these two sides have produced 24 goals – four per game, on average.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last six games with Manchester City in all competitions (W3 D3 L0).
- Olivier Giroud has scored in four successive appearances against Manchester City in all competitions.
- Manchester City have been given eight red cards in the Premier League against Arsenal; more than they have against any other opponent.
- Arsene Wenger has won just two of his previous eight competitive meetings with Pep Guardiola (W2 D2 L4), all in the Champions League. Away from home, his record versus the Spaniard is W0 D1 L3.
- Only Chelsea (7) have won more Premier League games away at the Etihad than Arsenal (6).
- The Gunners haven’t lost consecutive Premier League away games since April 2014 (0-6 vs Chelsea, 0-3 vs Everton).
- Petr Cech has failed to keep a clean sheet in his last seven Premier League appearances; he has never gone eight successive games without a clean sheet in the competition.
- Arsenal are the only Premier League side not to be losing at half-time in the Premier League this season (winning seven times, drawing nine times).
- Alexis Sanchez has had a hand in 27 goals in his last 27 Premier League appearances for Arsenal (19 goals, 8 assists).
- Sanchez has scored 41 goals in 81 Premier League appearances for Arsenal. The only players to reach 41 goals quicker for the club in the competition were Thierry Henry (74 apps) and Ian Wright (77 apps).