Hull City vs Manchester City Betting Tips
Hull City welcome Manchester City on Boxing Day as both teams require a win to get their Premier League campaigns back on track, even though their respective definitions of ‘’getting back on track’’ are vastly contrasting. Hull City have hit the rock bottom of the standings and are 3 points from safety. Although the Tigers kicked off their campaign with a convincing win over the reigning champions Leicester City, they managed to win only two of their sixteen fixtures afterwards and are currently winless in six matches. Hull need to end their winless rut soon so that they could keep their place in the Premier League next season and a Christmas miracle against Manchester City would be the perfect way to breathe new life into their faltering campaign.
Manchester City saw their title hopes in shambles after suffering back to back defeats against Chelsea and Leicester City. But they managed to steady the ship with consecutive wins over Watford and Arsenal. Monday’s Hull City match might seem like a downhill challenge for Pep Guardiola’s men at the moment but another slip up ahead of the Liverpool clash next weekend will send them back in troubled waters.
- Manchester City
Sergio Aguero serves his final match of suspension as Fernandinho returns after serving his three match ban. Pablo Zabaleta would be given a late fitness test ahead of the game.
- Hull City
Abel Hernandez underwent a hernia surgery lately and will be out till new year but Mike Phelan would be able to recall Ryan Mason and Josh Tymon in action.
Manchester City should be able to pick up a big win at Hull. A 3-1 scoreline is our prediction.
- Manchester City(3rd in the league, last 5 matches in all competitions)
2-1(Home, Arsenal)2-0(Home, Watford)2-4(Away, Leicester)1-1(UCL, Home, Celtic)1-3(Home, Chelsea)
- Hull City(20th in the league, last 5 matches in all competitions)
0-1(Away, West Ham)0-3(Away, Tottenham)3-3(Home, Palace)0-1(Away, Middlesbrough)1(3)-1(1)(EFL Cup, Home, Newcastle)
HEAD TO HEAD
|Total Played||Man City wins||Hull wins||Draws|
1 December, 2015
Manchester City 4-Hull 1
- The Citizens have lost just one of their previous eight Premier League games against Hull City (W4 D3).
- Raheem Sterling has scored on each of his last two games on Boxing Day, once against Burnley in 2014 and against Sunderland last season.
- The Tigers have won their last two league games played on Boxing Day, scoring three goals in each clash (3-0 v Burnley in 2015 and 3-1 v Sunderland in 2014).
- Hull City found themselves bottom of the Premier League on Christmas Day. 21 of the 24 sides to be bottom of the league at Christmas have been relegated that season.
- Hull City have conceded the first goal in 14 different Premier League matches this season; more often than any other side.
- Hull are the only Premier League team yet to win in December this season (P4 W0 D1 L3).
- Of Hull’s 14 Premier League goals this season, Robert Snodgrass has had a hand in half of these (five goals, two assists).
- Raheem Sterling has been involved in eight goals in 15 Premier League appearances this season (five goals, three assists) – the same number as in 31 apps in 2015-16 (six goals, two assists).
- Kevin De Bruyne has a league-high nine assists in 2016-17. He assisted nine in 25 Premier League appearances in 2015-16.